The Key Ingredients that Make Gut Performance® Unique
We scientifically developed Gut Performance® to help normalise your gut function so that you can get the most out of what you put in your body.
Every Body Every Day™ is a food company. We scientifically combine high-quality food ingredients from trusted sources that have analysed their nutritional and therapeutic value. We then formulate our foods and specifically test the product in regulated clinical environments. We use only the highest quality ingredients available and produce in facilities that meet or exceed Australian Government Food Standard Accreditation.
Gut Performance is a powder and can be mixed with water, juices or added to food. It comes with a dosage measuring scoop to ensure you get the right amount every time.
Sugarcane Stem – The Secret Weapon in Gut Performance®
Don’t panic! It’s not sugar, but the stem of the sugarcane plant. The sugar has been removed, and only the rich micronutrients and functional compounds are left behind.
What is unique to Gut Performance® is the extraction process developed by our scientists. No heat or chemicals are used to extract the sugar. This maintains the integrity of the whole-cell fibre and the bioavailability of the micronutrients found in the stem.
Some of the best qualities of Sugarcane stem:
- It’s a powerhouse of micronutrients. In particular, Chromium, which is a crucial component in maintaining blood glucose balance.
- The whole-cell fibre allows for high quality soluble and insoluble dietary fibre. This fibre stimulates a process that helps protect the intestinal wall from inflammation and disease.
- Each serve of Gut Performance® provides over 12% RDI of Dietary Fibre.
- Rich in polyphenolic and flavonoid antioxidants that prevent cell damage.
- Effective prebiotic (non-digestible food for ‘beneficial’ bacteria) which helps digestion, promotes the absorption of nutrients essential for bone health and reduces levels of compounds known to cause inflammation.
Red Sorghum – Ancient Gut Food
Red Sorghum is a traditional, non-genetically modified gluten-free grain known to be high in resistant starch as well as a range of antioxidants and is FODMAP friendly.
Some of the specific benefits of having red sorghum in Gut Performance™:
- It’s a low inflammatory alternative to wheat-based food, making it easier to digest and tolerate.
- It contains a range of antioxidants that clean up free-radicals that may lead to inflammation and damage.
- The resistant starch feeds the gut microbiome, and new research has shown it plays a role in improved gut health and weight control.
- It takes longer to digest as it has a low glycaemic index. This effectively slows down the rate at which glucose is released into the bloodstream, helping to prevent sugar highs and lows that wreak havoc with our bodies and minds during the day.
Beetroot – The weapon against bowel disease
Beetroot is possibly one of the only foods to genuinely earn the ‘superfood’ label. It contains vitamins A, B, and C, potassium, magnesium, folate, soluble fibre, and antioxidants. We only use Beetroot Powder, not juice, which is why it’s still FODMAP friendly and very low in sugar.
Multiple scientific studies have shown Beetroot can improve overall muscle performance, lower blood pressure and increase blood flow in the body, amongst other health-enhancing benefits.
Some of the best benefits for you are:
- Beetroot can enhance muscle performance and endurance by improving muscle oxygenation during exercise.
- Red Beets are loaded with complex dietary fibre. This fibre bypasses digestion and heads down to the colon, where it either feeds the ‘good’ gut bacteria or adds bulk to the stool.
- Red beets have a high vitamin and mineral content. Particularly folate, which has been shown to aid in new cell growth, consequently playing a role in tissue repair, particularly of the digestive tract.
Blackcurrant – The Powerhouse Plant
Traditional medicine has used blackcurrants for centuries – from the leaves to the seeds. But now clinical studies are amassing, proving the positive effects of Blackcurrants and demonstrating the potent anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and antimicrobial effects of this amazing superfood.
Some of the best benefits for you are:
- Rich in anthocyanins (extremely high antioxidant activity). They help strengthen your immune system plus epidemiological studies have shown them to lower the risk of cardiovascular disease.
- Double the amount of antioxidants (flavonoids and polyphenolics) as blueberries, protecting the body against the action of free radicals.
- Blackcurrants are a virtual vitamin superstar. They contain A; B5; B6; B1 and E. But most significant is the Vitamin C. The berry includes four times the amount of vitamin C than oranges. This vitamin is an essential nutrient required for a wide range of metabolic reactions in the body. And it can’t be made by our body, so we must consume it daily.
- Emerging research shows the ability for blackcurrant supplementation to reduce muscle damage and soreness as well as help speed tissue repair, recovery, and performance in exercise. This all relates to being able to train harder and for more extended periods.
- Blackcurrants have been shown to increase the population size of beneficial bacteria, and significantly decrease population sizes of potentially pathogenic species by acting as a prebiotic agent.
Sugarcane Stem (sugar removed); Red Sorghum; Citric Acid; Potassium Bicarbonate; Whole Beetroot Powder; Gum (Xanthan & Guar); Natural Raspberry Flavour; Stevia (natural sweetener).
Serving Size: 8.2 g
|Energy||86.1 kj||1050.4 kj|
|Protein||0.3 g||4.2 g|
|Fat, Total||0.1 g||1.2 g|
|- saturated||0.0 g||0.2 g|
|Carbohydrate||2.5 g||31.1 g|
|- sugars||0.8 g||9.9 g|
|Sodium||4.4 mg||53.1 mg|
Sugarcane stem (sugar removed), Red Sorghum Flour, Natural Blackcurrant Flavour, Citric Acid, Potassium Bicarbonate, Maltodextrin (natural carrier), Blackcurrant Skins, Vegetable Gums, Natural Colour (from grapes), Stevia (natural plant extract).
Serving Size: 8.7 g
|Energy||96.8 kj||1112.2 kj|
|Protein||0.3 g||3.6 g|
|Fat, Total||0.1 g||1.7 g|
|- saturated||0.0 g||0.3 g|
|Carbohydrate||3.0 g||34.9 g|
|- sugars||0.8 g||9.4 g|
|Fibre||3.3 g||38.4 g|
|Sodium||2.2 mg||53.1 mg|
|Potassium||169 ug||1942.4 ug|