Gut Performance™ is a Food with Purpose™
The ingredients and formula have been scientifically developed and researched for over seven years. It has been shown to improve gut health and function, and as a result, vastly improving general health and wellbeing.
Keep reading if you want to know why Gut Performance™ works so well with the 100% natural and simple ingredients.
Why we all need a Gut That Performs
Ok, so you put all your effort into training and nutrition, but what about giving your gut a workout?
Researchers and scientists often refer to the gut as ‘the second brain’ and ‘engine room’. Like it or not, your gut is at the very core of your health and wellbeing.
Research has given Gut Performance™ evidence that your gut performance is critical to your athletic performance, or just getting through your day! The gut and the good bacteria that live there (microbiome) plays a primary role in your ability to absorb nutrition; recover from workouts and handle stress. It affects energy levels, mood, metabolic function and how you feel on a daily basis.
When your gut is out of whack, it can drain your energy, produce physical pain and uncomfortable symptoms, allow illness to infiltrate your body and wreak havoc with your moods and hormones.
No matter how hard you try to modify your lifestyle, the ravages of modern living are continually working against you.
That is why Gut Performance™ a Food with Purpose™ may be the missing key to help you get your health and wellbeing back on track.
It’s time to take control of your gut health so that you can perform at your optimum level daily.
For a Healthy Mind
The gut produces some very powerful neurotransmitters that regulate mood, appetite and energy levels. New research shows that the gut has a major impact on brain function and the balance of neurotransmitter agents. Poor gut health has been shown to increase the onset of mental health issues such as depression and poor cognition. As we all know, competing and winning is as much about the mental approach as it is the physical and technical side of things.
What Does Gut Performance Do?
Gut Performance™ has been scientifically developed to ensure the ingredients and formula work to restore and promote gut health. Gut Performance™ helps your gut perform at an optimum level day after day by helping the good bacteria thrive whilst helping to eliminate the bad bacteria.
The lining of your gut allows nutrients, amino acids, proteins and minerals to be absorbed into your body. If this cellular lining is compromised, then your body will not be making the most of the good stuff you are putting into it.
A healthy gut also eliminates toxins and waste products from entering your body, helping you to feel good. Toxins can enter the bloodstream if the gut has been compromised by poor diet, drugs, alcohol, etc., and chronic inflammation of the intestinal tracts can develop. Gut Performance™ has been shown to help reduce inflammation of the gut.
High protein diets can often have a negative effect on the good bacteria due to the fermentation of amino acids in the gut itself. Gut Performance™ is high in both soluble and insoluble fibre (12% of recommended daily fibre requirement), which has a protective effect by ‘feeding’ the good bacteria. These high-fibre complex carbohydrates (indigestible carbs) are packed with natural phytonutrients that have an anti-inflammatory action often associated with some proteins.
It’s a Food with Purpose™ and is 100% natural. The combination of all the elements work in synergy to deliver optimum gut health through:
- Prebiotics to bring your gut microbiome back to a healthy balance – the ‘fertiliser’ for your guts’ microbiome.
- Stimulating intestinal wall health, which protects your gut from inflammation and disease.
- Enhancing the guts cellular lining function. This allows your body to absorb all the micronutrients it needs to promote growth and boost cellular repair.
- A unique mix of ingredients which, when taken with food, lowers the Glycaemic Index (GI) of foods.
- Facilitating the growth of a healthy gut lining to efficiently eliminate toxins and waste products from the body and preventing leakage of contaminants into the bloodstream.
- Rich antioxidants resulting in reduced tissue damage and inflammation.
- Improving everyday performance through increased muscle oxygenation and endurance.
- Improved gut health will improve intestinal tract absorption, so the nutrients you need, such as proteins. Other supplements you may take will also be better tolerated.
- Significantly decreases gut inflammation, which causes typical symptoms such as constipation, gas, bloating, and irregular bowel motions.
- Decreases moodiness, cravings and fatigue by regulating blood sugar levels.
You may be asking how it can do all these things!
Gut Performance™ does this by combining nutrient-dense whole foods in an innovative way so all the goodness can be absorbed and utilised by the body. It’s in the uniquely combined and scientifically extracted key ingredients that deliver the results.
The Unique Key Ingredients that Make Gut Performance™ Incredibly Effective
Sugarcane Stem – The Secret Weapon in Gut Performance™
Don’t panic! It’s not sugar, but the stem of the sugarcane plant. The sugar has been removed, and the rich micronutrients and functional compounds are left behind.
What is unique to Gut Performance™ is the extraction process developed by our scientists. No heat or chemicals are used to extract the sugar. This maintains the integrity of the whole-cell fibre and the bioavailability of the micronutrients found in the stem.
Some of the best qualities of Sugarcane stem:
- It’s a powerhouse of micronutrients. In particular, Chromium, which is a crucial component in maintaining blood glucose balance.
- The whole-cell fibre allows for high quality soluble and insoluble dietary fibre. This fibre stimulates a process that helps protect the intestinal wall from inflammation and disease.
- Each serve of Gut Performance™ provides over 12% RDI of Dietary Fibre.
- Rich in polyphenolic and flavonoid antioxidants that prevent cell damage.
- Effective prebiotic (non-digestible food for ‘beneficial’ bacteria) which helps digestion, promotes the absorption of nutrients essential for bone health and reduces levels of compounds known to cause inflammation.
Beetroot – the weapon against bowel disease
Beetroot is possibly one of the only foods to genuinely earn the ‘superfood’ label. It contains vitamins A, B, and C, potassium, magnesium, folate, soluble fibre, and antioxidants.
Multiple scientific studies have shown it can improve overall muscle performance, lower blood pressure and increase blood flow in the body, amongst other health-enhancing benefits.
Some of the best benefits for you are:
- Beetroot enhances muscle performance and endurance by improving muscle oxygenation during exercise.
- Red Beets are loaded with complex dietary fibre. This fibre bypasses digestion and heads down to the colon, where it either feeds the ‘good’ gut bacteria or adds bulk to the stool.
- Red beets have a high vitamin and mineral content. Particularly folate, which has been shown to aid in new cell growth, consequently playing a role in tissue repair, particularly of the digestive tract.
Red Sorghum – Ancient Gut Food
Red Sorghum is a traditional, non-genetically modified gluten-free grain known to be high in resistant starch as well as a range of antioxidants.
Some of the specific benefits of having red sorghum in Gut Performance™:
- It’s a low inflammatory alternative to wheat-based food, making it easier to digest and tolerate.
- It contains a range of antioxidants that clean up free-radicals that lead to inflammation and damage.
- The resistant starch feeds the gut microbiome, and new research has shown it plays a role in improved gut health and weight control.
- It takes longer to digest as it has a low glycaemic index. This effectively slows down the rate at which glucose is released into the bloodstream, preventing sugar highs and lows that wreak havoc with our bodies and minds during the day.
How is Gut Performance Different from Other Supplements?
You may be asking how Gut Performance™ is different from all the other supplements on the market; the ones you have tried in the past and been disappointed in the results.
The body finds regular supplements challenging to process because the single compound or limited combinations often lack the essential elements to effectively allow the gut to metabolise and absorb. Also, they are mostly chemically derived, not natural extracts.
Gut Performance™ is a 100% natural food, a Food with Purpose™. It is unlike regular supplements in that it is not chemically derived or modified.
Our gut works in a biosystem that needs multiple compounds and nutrients to help it perform at its optimum level. That includes the ability to absorb and utilise micronutrients.
The brilliance of Gut Performance™ is in the combination of the ingredients. It is scientifically designed as a mixture of nutrient-dense whole foods, so it’s well-tolerated, easily absorbed or utilised by the intestinal tract to help ‘normalise’ your gut so that is can function as it should.
All you need is a simple and effective shake to help replace the micronutrients your body requires to be at peak performance.
Take care of your gut, and your gut will take care of you.
Detoxify Your Gut
The guts’ microbiota is sensitive to high levels of hormones such as cortisol and adrenaline, which are common in training and competing athletes.
The gut’s lining is made up of a cell layer with each cell held together by a ‘tight junction’. These junctions allow nutrients into the bloodstream and keep toxins out. The ‘tight junctions’ can be damaged by various chemicals and compounds such as cortisol, antibiotics and other drug therapies, making the junctions more permeable, letting toxins into the body and absorbing less nutrients. When these toxins enter the bloodstream, it can make you feel ill and trigger an immune response. Chronic inflammation can develop. Gut Performance™ helps maintain the cell integrity and normalise the gut, reducing inflammation.
Poor gut health may also inhibit the guts ability to get rid of harmful compounds from the body. We are constantly exposed to various chemicals that mimic the hormone estrogen. Estrogen is found in plastics, our water, some foods, personal care products and so on. Dietary fibre is necessary to bind to estrogen in the digestive tract so that the body can get rid of it. Fibre also reduces the amount of an enzyme called B-glucuronidase that breaks apart bound estrogen that was on its way out of the body so that it can re-enter the body via the large intestine causing cell damage and inflammation, so you get a vicious cycle.