Now available in Single Sachets and convenient Travel Packs.
There is a new superfood inclusion in the mix. WHAT………it’s going to change?…………NOOOOOOOOO!
Don’t worry, we won’t be changing the original formula. But we wanted to double down on enhancing gut health for athletic performance.
We’ve been secretly finishing off the scientific formulation of another top-quality product that will support you in gaining control of your gut health issues and thrive in your life and training.
Introducing Blackcurrant – The Powerhouse Plant
We’ve created a great new tasting Gut Performance. Gut Performance with a delicious Functional Blackcurrant Flavour. Blackcurrant replaces the Beetroot and Raspberry, but not the goodness they provide. We use the Blackcurrant Skins. Grown in Tasmania, they are a true Superfood and an Antioxidant and Micronutrient Powerhouse!
Traditional medicine has used blackcurrants for centuries – from the leaves to the seeds. But now clinical studies are amassing, proving the positive effects of Blackcurrants and demonstrating the potent anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and antimicrobial effects of this amazing superfood.
What caught our attention is the potential improvements this dynamo can provide in the areas of athletic performance and gut health. So, we decided to do something about this, which began our journey to bring you the benefits in a delicious and easy to use formulation.
At Gut Performance™, we have focused on utilising the skin of the berry. This is because the skin membrane is where most of the nutrients are based.
We have created a process where chemical-free, fresh berry skin is dried using proprietary freeze-drying technology. This maintains its incredible micronutrient load.
Don’t’ be fooled by just any Blackcurrant powder, tablet, or drink.
It’s not just an extract which has been broken down and modified. Our product retains the full range of nutrients, as well as the fibre.
Some of the best qualities of Blackcurrants include: –
- Rich in anthocyanins. These compounds give the berries their deep purple colouring and possess extremely high antioxidant activity. They help strengthen your immune system, amongst other amazing benefits. And epidemiological studies have shown them to lower the risk of cardiovascular disease.
- They carry double the amount of antioxidants, such as flavonoids and polyphenolics as blueberries. These antioxidants protect the body against the action of free radicals.
- Blackcurrants are a virtual vitamin superstar. They contain A; B5; B6; B1 and E. But most significant is the Vitamin C. The berry includes four times the amount of vitamin C than oranges. This vitamin is an essential nutrient required for a wide range of metabolic reactions in the body. And it can’t be made by our body, so we must consume it daily.
- There is emerging research to show the ability for blackcurrant supplementation to reduce muscle damage and soreness as well as help speed tissue repair, recovery, and performance in exercise. This all relates to being able to train harder and for more extended periods.
- There is also evidence to suggest that consuming blackcurrant extract can enhance running performance and improve post-exercise recovery.
- Blackcurrants have been shown to increase the population size of beneficial bacteria, and significantly decrease population sizes of potentially pathogenic species by acting as a prebiotic agent.
And don’t worry, we haven’t changed the other parts of the formula. Why change what works, right?
We have kept the other powerful ingredients that make Gut Performance™ so popular with people who are trying to heal or improve their gut health, or just stay healthy from the inside. Let’s give you a quick rundown, so you don’t forget.
Sugarcane Stem – The Secret Weapon in Gut Performance™
- It’s a powerhouse of micronutrients. In particular, Chromium. This nutrient is vital in maintaining blood glucose balance.
- Maintaining the entire cell fibre during the extraction process allows for a high quality soluble and insoluble dietary fibre. The multiple types of fibre in the sugarcane stem have been shown to directly stimulate the intestinal wall, thickening the mucous layer and protecting it from inflammation and disease.
- Rich in polyphenolic and flavonoid antioxidants, which are used by the body directly and our microbiome to prevent cell damage.
- Effective prebiotic (non-digestible food for ‘good’ bacteria), which helps digestion, promotes the absorption of nutrients essential for bone health and reduces levels of compounds known to cause inflammation.
Red Sorghum – Ancient Gut Food
- It’s used as a low inflammatory alternative to wheat-based food. Therefore, it’s easier to digest and tolerate.
- It contains a range of antioxidants which help scavenge free radicals that, if unchecked, can lead to inflammation and damage.
- The resistant starch feeds the gut microbiome, and new research has shown it plays a role in improved gut health and weight control.
- It takes longer to digest as it has a low glycaemic index. This process slows down the rate at which glucose is released into the bloodstream, preventing those highs and lows.
Gut Performance™ will continue to combine scientifically developed processes and nutrient-dense whole foods in intelligent ways so it can be absorbed and utilised by the body. We aim to help you enhance your gut for performance – in both life and training.
But, now we have two great flavour types for you – Gut Performance™ Original and Gut Performance™ Blackcurrant.
Before you go, read the testimonials of how Gut Performance™ has transformed other people’s gut health, training, and lives. This could be you in just a few weeks!
- Lyall, K. A., Hurst, S.M.,Cooney, J.,Jensen, D.,Lo, K., Hurst, R.D., Stevenson L. M. Short-term blackcurrant extract consumption modulates exercise-induced oxidative stress and lipopolysaccharide-stimulated inflammatory responses. AM J PHYSIOL REGUL INTEGR COMP PHYSIOL 2009, 297: 70-81.
- Matsumoto, H., Takenami, E., Iwasaki-Kurashige, K., Osada, T., Katsumura, T., Hamaoka, T. Effects of blackcurrant anthocyanin intake on peripheral muscle circulation during typing work in humans. EUROPEAN JOURNAL APPLIED PHYSIOLOGY 2005, 94: 36-45.
- Perkins, I., New Zealand Blackcurrant Extract Improves High-intensity Intermittent Running. International Journal of Sports Nutrition and Exercise Metabolism, 2015, 25, p.487 – 493.
- Hutchison, A., Flieller, E., Dillon, K., Leverett, B., Blackcurrant nectar reduces muscle damage and inflammation following a bout of high-intensity eccentric contractions. Journal of Dietary Supplements, early online release. 1-15 2014.
- Dayong Wu, Mohsen Meydani, Lynette S Leka, Zachary Nightingale, Garry J Handelman, Jeffrey B Blumberg, Simin Nikbin Meydani, Effect of dietary supplementation with black currant seed oil on the immune response of healthy elderly subjects, The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, Volume 70, Issue 4, October 1999, Pages 536–543, https://doi.org/10.1093/ajcn/70.4.536.